Sunday 3 May 2009

More Flowering African Violets

It's been a while since my last post have been busy with life and my family and all my crafts.
Now to the reason for this post.
This weekend was The African Violet Association of Australia, Inc show at Burwood and I just had to go. There was all the most beautiful flowering plants on display and some Gesneriads as well.

As always I have to bring home some leaves to add to my collection. I was good only five this time but that can yield at lest 25 plantlets.


Here are the leaves potted up and ready to start growing. They are called:

Red DeliciousPlum Crazy Sport, Bluey, Ness Blueberry Putt & Rebels Spatter Kake.
I also purchase at the sales table a lovely Gesneriad for my outdoor garden area and that is Nematanthus. Golden West

These type of plants grow great in my shaded area at the back door.

No comments: