Monday 14 June 2010

Mum's Quilt

This is a quilt that my MIL made with the fabric that she was given as a present from me. The reason I have this quilt is Mum and Dad were in a car accident the day before Mothers Day. Mum now has a broken knee and sternum but they are both ok now. Mum will take a little while to heal.


The quilt landed at my place to be finished off and taken to the local patchwork shop to be quilted and the blinding sewed on and the label made. The label was fun as i used my embroidery machine.

The fabric use was "Fig and Plum" jelly roll, charm pack and a few metres of fabric for the borders.
Here is a photo of the back of the quilt that shows the lovely rose pattern of the quilting.

The Quilt pattern is called "Spring is in the Air" by Maree StClair from Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine Vo. 17 no.3

No comments: